This office was established in 1982 and started its activities in line with regulations made by the central office in IAUCTB and it extended its activities to research and cooperation with organizations and executive Institutes. This office is responsible for developing bilateral relationship between academic and society by providing an opportunity for students to cooperate with industrial and business ventures.
Having considered the national perspective of industrial and scientific development, this office seeks to put to use academic findings and research outcomes to practice by extending the relationship between academic and industry as well as motivating researchers in their endeavor.
Academia and industry are two significant wheels of the moving engine of development in the country. Universities provide the think tank and human recourse for creating original ideas which move the country forward in all respects. Industry can, however, put these ideas to practice and pave the way for growth and development.
In light of the above, any negligence in terms of extending cooperating between these two sectors can entangle an otherwise smooth path to prospect. A good example of such cooperation is the proximity of academia to factories and plants especially chemical and machinery.
In general, such cooperation has caught the attention of all countries and they seek to extend the ties between those sectors as much as possible, however, it should not be limited to the incorporation of research findings.
Among other agenda within such cooperation, one can find recruiting new staff fresh out of academia within industry and factory plant, training technical supported, providing counseling sessions for industry, etc.
Countries with efficient infrastructure are the ones most successful in this venture.
Responsibilities of the office
- Arranging regular visits to industrial centers for faculty members, experts, and students.
Inviting industrial managers to visit different faculties and holding professional group meetings in order to incorporate academic potentials with industrial facilities.
Holding seminars, societies, scientific and technical fairs with cooperation of industries and faculties.
Providing opportunity to exchange think tank between faculties and industrial sector in terms of books, journals, etc
Investigating challenges in the industrial sector and providing solutions for them in terms of designs and sending them to the deputy of research and studies
Enquiring industrial sector for providing faculty members and university employees with scholarship and grant
- Maintaining a line of interaction between OURIS in other universities.
- Providing industrial sector with new and qualified staff
Proving program and prioritizing research requirements for the industrial sector
Making a data base of faculty member and expert staff resume and experiences
Identifying and evaluating industrial centers to maintain constant communication with them in order to allocate financial accommodations to send trainees to those centers.
- Registering for short term training sessions for new recruits of society and industry.
Main functions of the office
Training programs and educational tours
Receiving financial support for the program, monitoring the programs and reporting the result to the research deputy
Motivating the students to take part in such programs
Holding seminars, fairs, and educational tours
Research and scientific cooperation
Identifying requirements and problems of industrial sector in order to provide solutions by considering the potentials
Providing a data bank for the potentials of faculty members and industrial sector
Exchanging information and technology between academia and industry also programming expert groups comprised of managers and faculty members
Holding short term training sessions and making contracts with industrial sectors
Signing contracts with industrial centers in terms of research, business and service
Holding short term training programs for students and employees in order to develop their performance.
Creating interaction with foreign industries, in order to raise awareness and knowledge of the most advanced technology and industry among faculty members within the protocol of deputy of international relations
The Strategic planning of the Islamic Azad University Central Tehran regarding the relation between Industry and Society.
The Office of University Relation between Industry and Society (OURIS) has been recognized as a policy maker and facilitator unit in the university. As a consulting and leading unit for industries, it aims to achieve the following goals.
Enhancing the industrial development of the country using the scientific and practical findings of research
Arranging, facilitating, and expanding communication between different university departments and industries, as well as encouraging the researchers to conduct applied studies in order to develop industries according to the country’s requirements
- Believing in and commitment to Islamic culture, human dignity, and ethics in research
- Giving priority to research
- Emphasizing team work
- Considering the needs of the beneficiaries
- Using expert opinions in organizing research as well as using young specialized forces
- Making the university productive and dynamic in order to cope with the rapid development science and technology in the word.
- Expanding communication between university and industry in order to develop science and technology
- Supporting and developing industry-related projects
- Arranging the OURIS’s activities in order to facilitate an implement industry-related projects
- Monitoring and evaluating the industry-related projects
- Expanding research links with institutions such as municipality, Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Cooperatives, etc…
- Expanding research links with international institutions
- Supporting and developing industry-related projects
- Amending the protocols for cooperation between University and Industry
- Rating the members of academy who have conducted the industry- related projects
- Proposing the researcher of the year in terms of cooperation with industry
- Arranging activities of the office in order to facilitate drafts arranged between the university and industry
- Recruiting human resources in order to develop the performance of the office
- Using IT to follow up and broadcast such activities
- Keeping constant contact with project coordinators in order to be in line with the latest developments and following up the financial supports allocated to them
- Monitoring and evaluating research projects related to industry
- Gathering information to write reports for the development of the research projects
- Classifying the records related to OURIS and rectifying them
- Providing opportunities to communicate with main organizations such as municipality, and different ministries to respond to their requirement in terms of research and studies
- Extending international relationships with foreign universities and industries
- Introducing research priorities of domestic organizations and industries
- Introducing research projects incorporated with industries with high priority and following up their related financial facilities
- Regulating research projects of faculty members incorporated with industry
Maintaining communication between research projects of educational centers and faculties, monitoring the proposals as well as introducing new ones.
Operational planning of OURIS
- Designing and developing the administrative structure of the OURIS in order to expand the relationship between industry and society,
- Preparing an industrial data bank through searching in the data bases and the internet
- Encouraging faculties to hold tours, seminars and conferences using data bases and networks
- Providing a grading system for determining the best researcher and the top faculty in order to encourage those who have taken part in research projects.
- Arranging and expanding the line of communication with organizations and sectors through negotiating and dispatching work-group heads.
- Holding brain-storming meetings in different faculties in order to increase awareness and motivation of faculty members and researchers for taking part in research projects according to the recent directives and protocols.
- Forming work groups with the help of faculties according to the guidelines and protocols, as well as assigning goals and responsibilities for these specialized groups.
- Developing ICT by creating an Electronic portal for immediate and effective connection between professors, students, industry and society.
- Preparing and evaluating the supporting data bases including Industry and Professor Data Banks, as well as administrative and research automation networks.
- Designing and developing the operational structure of OURIS through recruitment, equipment and facilities.
- Establishing and expanding research centers in line with OURIS relationship with domestic organizations in order to raising the quality of external research projects, seminars, tours, and training programs.